Thursday, July 26, 2012

Meanwhile, in ASC Marketing

In my seven days working in the marketing office at ASC I successfully:
  • Located a power cord for a monitor in a pile of various and sundry electronic items
  • Updated ASC social media posts for 2 weeks
  • Created Facebook Insights report for ASC's Facebook Page over three-month span
  • Wrote press release re: dogs in Two Gents
  • Created draft for one ASC e-newsletter
  • Created working timeline of cultural depictions of King John throughout history
  • Learned awesome things from awesome people.
The bottom line of what I learned, I'd say, is that a lot of marketing comes down to cleverness. If you can come up with clever things that people like, you're golden. Economy of words and eye-catching layout and formatting also figure into that somehow.

What I learned that people like on social media:
  • Photos
  • A very few well-chosen words and clever phrases
  • Names and faces they know
  • Photos
  • Eye-catching layouts
  • Did I mention photos?

Thanks, ASC Marketing team! You're all pretty swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment